From Sweets by Elise
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
● 2 ¾ cups (385g) all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
● ¾ teaspoon (5g) baking soda
● ½ teaspoon (2g) baking powder
● 1 teaspoon (6g) salt
● 1 tablespoon (9g) corn starch
● ¾ cup (165g) unsalted butter, room temperature
● 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
● ¼ cup (65g) light brown sugar, packed
● 2 large eggs (100g), room temperature
● 2 teaspoons (8g) pure vanilla extract
● ½ teaspoon (2g) butter/almond extract
● ½ cup (100g) rainbow jimmies
● 2 ReThink Ice Cream Vanilla Supreme Pints
● Additional rainbow jimmies for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and corn starch together until combined.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer that has been fitted with a paddle attachment, beat room temperature butter (between 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit), granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together on medium/high speed until smooth, slightly pale in color, and slightly fluffy. This should be about 2-3 minutes of mixing.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, and butter OR almond extract to your batter. Beat until combined.
- Slowly, add dry ingredients to the wet batter. Mix on low speed just until the flour mixture disappears. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula to ensure the ingredients are properly combined.
- Fold sprinkles into the batter until they are evenly dispersed.
- Form 2-tablespoon-sized balls (between 40-45g of dough) and place them on your baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Cookies will spread and rise while baking. You should have about 24 balls.
- Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes or until they are light on top, slightly shiny, barely cracked on top, and light golden brown on the bottom. Cookies will continue to cook and firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to fully cool before assembling.
- Add additional rainbow sprinkles to a small bowl. Place about ¼ cup (about 40g) of Vanilla Supreme Ice Cream on a cooled funfetti cookie. Use a knife to help push down and spread the ice cream evenly across the cookie. Quickly, place another funfetti cookie on top of the ice cream. Grabbing the tops of the cookies with your thumb and middle finger of one hand, roll the cookie sandwich in the bowl of sprinkles to coat the ice cream center. Immediately, place the sandwich in the freezer, uncovered.
- Repeat this process with the remaining cookies. Allow the cookies to chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Store covered in the freezer for up to 1 month.